1) 97 Omrah Plantagenet uncaked chardonnay Western Australia
2) 98 Veritas Barossa Valley chardonnay
3) Fox Creek Vixen McLaren Vale sparkling shiraz
4) 94 Clarendon Hills Old Vines Grenache blend
5) 95 Clarendon Hills Old Vines Grenache Blewitt Springs Vyd.
6) 96 Clarendon Hills Old Vines Grenache Blewitt Springs Vyd.
7) 97 Moss Wood Margaret River cabernet sauvignon
8) 97 Elderton Command Barossa Valley cabernet sauvignon
9) 92 Elderton Command Barossa Valley shiraz
10) 96 Leasingham Bin 61, Clare Valley Shiraz.
11) 95 Charles Cimicky Signature Shiraz, Barossa Valley
12) 97 Larrikin Barossa Valley shiraz
13) 97 Veritas Heysen Barossa Valley shiraz
14) 96 Barossa Valley Estate E&E Black Pepper Barossa Valley shiraz WS97
[From Wine Spectator] A profound wine, This Australian Shiraz burrows deep into its plush texture to reveal gorgeous flavors of ripe plum, berry and exotic spice, all balanced impressively on an elegant frame. The tannins are refined and well integrated. Approachable already. Best after 2001. (4000 cases produced)
15) 90 Veritas Tokay Barossa Valley
From the vote:
96 Barossa Valley Estate E & E Black Pepper
96 Clarendon Hills Grenache Blewitt Springs
94 Clarendon Hills Grenache blend
Attendees: Dave L., Bonnie, Maynard, Carol, Brad, Cathy, Larry, A. David
My tasting rating (0-10): 8
Notes: Very nice evening. Debby & Dan pulled up lame and could not join us. My overall impressions from the wines were: Big fruit bombs! The Eldertons were both oak monsters too. The meal was excellent. At least my rack of lamb was excellent. It went very well with the Veritas Heysen. The Moss Wood cab was well-liked.
Next Host: Dan
(Click on thumbnails for full-sized image)
Carol & Maynard Brad & Cathy
Dave, Jacques & Bonnie
Larry who lives too well
A. David aka Sir Purple Teeth